Translate

Wednesday 9 January 2013

Precious moments: Do you have any??


Hello...

My exams got over yesterday and as usual I'm left with nothing interesting to do... Is it not so silly that:

During exams: sleep doesn't leaves you.
After exams: sleep doesn't hug you!

During exams: all the channels on tv seems to be interesting.
After exams: everything seems to be so boring!

During exams: all my other friends are free to chat.
After exams: NONE of them is free!

During exams: all the eagerness in the world to show your creativity lives inside you.
After exams: all of them leave you!!

LOLZ... :)

Well anyways, ... while surfing the net and looking for something really good to write or read atleast, I came across this page and I really could not help smiling happily after reading this.  It was about some incidences in life which were damn touching yet told very simply. I'm just pasting some of them here, which I found my favorite!


  • Today, my son turned 7 and I turned 23.  Yes, I had him on the day I turned 16.  The choices I made when I was a teenager were foolish, and sometimes I get worried I’m bringing my son up wrong.  But today I took him to the park to celebrate our birthdays.  He played for hours with a girl who has burn scars that cover most of her face.  When my son took a break to eat, he pointed to her and said, “She’s so pretty and cool!”  Which left me thinking, “I must be doing something right as a mom.” 
  • Today, my dad turned 91.  He barely has enough strength to speak.  But every time my mom (she’s 84) walks into the room to check on him, he says, “Hello beautiful.” 


  • Today, when I went to pick-up my daughter from preschool she was sitting on the ground in the corner of the after-care area with 3 blind students.  All of them had smiles on their faces.  The after-care instructor told me my daughter has been spending time with these 3 students every afternoon this week,and explaining to them in vivid detail what different objects, people and animals look like. 
  • Today is my 18th birthday.  Just over 18 years ago a woman was faced with the harsh fact that she had already had 4 miscarriages and 1 stillbirth.  As she was pregnant for the 5th time, doctors informed her that her pregnancy was risky.  They said there was a good chance either the baby or her wouldn’t make it.  She chose to give the baby a chance anyway.  My mom and I both made it and are still healthy to this day.
   
  • Today, a week after I donated three bags of clothes to a local homeless shelter, I saw a homeless woman sitting on a park bench wearing a tye-dye shirt I made when I was a teenager.  I walked by her and said, “I love your shirt!”  She smiled and said, “Thank you!  I really do too!”
  • Today, as I pulled into my apartment complex I noticed my neighbor, who’s about 8 months pregnant, struggling with her groceries.  I stopped and helped her bring them up the stairs into her apartment.  This evening, when I got home from the gym I found a freshly baked apple pie sealed in Tupperware sitting on my doorstep with a note that said, “I used the ingredients you helped me carry to bake this.  Enjoy!”   
  • Today, I found out that my mom and dad have been working second jobs at night so they can continue to financially assist my twin sister and I who are both sophomores in college.  My dad said, “You two will be the first in our family’s history to receive college diplomas.  Two jobs is nothing!  I’d work three if I had to to see you two graduate.”  
  • Today, on our 10th wedding anniversary, she handed me a suicide note she wrote when she was 22. It was dated the exact day we met each other.  And she said, “For all these years I didn’t want you to know how foolish and unstable I was back when we met.  But even though you didn’t know, you saved me.  Thank you.”
  • Today, at 8AM this morning, after four months of lifelessness in her hospital bed, we took my mom off life support.  And her heart continued beating on its own.  And she continued breathing on her own.  Then this evening, when I squeezed her hand three times, she squeezed back three times. 
I know you are smiling after reading this. And here is mine....


  • Few days back when I had a fight with my Love.. and after all shouting and blaming things done, I got emotional and was about to say, "you know what?? I love you." but before even I could finish my sentence, he said,"Yes, I Love You Too. And I know You Love me." :)


The motive behind sharing these incidences and post is, Life has become very fast for everybody, and there are many incidences which happen around you and you fail to make note of it. Before the moment goes away, realize it .... share it. Life is very short to miss them!

So, Do you any have of such moments?? Share! :)
And, do you have something to say?? Reply!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Life can be very fast paced, and sometimes we need to make the effort to stop, take a breath, and take in what is happening around us. Otherwise, we miss some of the things we should be cherishing at that very moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx for ur opinion Rumpunch. :)

    ReplyDelete