Translate

Saturday 19 January 2013

Choice: The Way You Make It!!


Hello...

Another boring day.. and no work to do! I was just sitting back watching an award show and from nowhere, I remembered a story I heard long back. It goes like this:


It was a Christmas day and all children in the street were greeting each other. So, were the two best friends-Lauren and Edward.

Lauren told Edward,"Hey Ed,Come to my house, I want to show you something." The boys walks towards the house. 

There Edward sees a brand new Porsche.

Lauren says, "My brother brought it for me as the Christmas present." Edward smiled at him and kept staring at the car. 

Lauren says, I know what are you thinking. Aren't you wishing that how great it would be, if you had such brother??"

Edward turns to him and answers, " No Lauren, I was wishing to be like your BROTHER some day...!"

Don't know why but this story always stay close to me.



How do you see yourself as?? Which character would you like to play in your real life?? Lauren or His brother?? Here, no body is wrong and nobody is below than other. But It is our choice what we chose to be??


People reading this... Think about it.

Tell me what do you want to be?? What do you choose??

I'd be happy to know your answer.!!

6 comments:

  1. I admire Edward's reply. He'd rather be the giver than the receiver. Generosity is such a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your choice Nothing profound. Thanx for the reply. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice story :)
    I guess in every once heart there is always a giver no matter who we are. It's just a matter of putting it into action.

    I have seen celebrities on tv crying for the victims of any disaster wishing they could do something.. sometimes the bad side of me would say stop the act and do something for real.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's true Aryan. One should always try to be a giver. That would fetch you more happiness.
    Although sometimes I feel I should be the receiver. Because, at certain point in life you want someone also to do something for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any parent at Christmas at Christmas understands that it is far, far better to give than to receive gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's True Robert.
    Thanx for the reply. :)

    ReplyDelete